2013 EASTER EGG APPEAL

Post your events here

Re: 2013 EASTER EGG APPEAL

Postby clarky » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:13 pm

Howdy Biking Bud's, an update on this years Easter Egg Run.
We collected and distributed over 450 Easter Eggs and received cash donations to the tune of £400.00.(individual donations mainly from the Shipyard) We did receive further donations from Kimberly Clark, Stollers and the Barrow Interleague, Julie has the details for the money collected which may have exceeded £800.00.

We distributed the Easter Eggs to the children at George Hastwell School, Sandside Lodge School (The kids at the two Schools double dipped), and the Children’s Ward at FGH. We also left Easter Eggs in the A&E department at FGH for any child unfortunate to end up in there over Easter. Eggs were also given to the patients in St Mary’s Hospice. The money we collected was split evenly between the 2 schools, the Children’s Ward at FGH and Furness Riders for the Disabled,

Good job done and thanks to all those that helped.
Clarky.
clarky

Postby gamma498 » Wed May 01, 2013 6:22 pm

yeah, I'll be there on Friday
gamma498

Postby Tomb » Fri May 10, 2013 12:29 pm

Jimi

Julie was taking some photos this year, any chance of emailing me over a few of em, my work wants to do an internal intranet thing on it as they let me have an afternoon off to go.

After last time we visited the schools and they were miserable and wouldn't donate anything even though they have a charity donations committee, I want to attack them differently, get them all interested, get them to put an little article on the works internal intranet, then sting em by mentioning that they wouldn't and don't make a charitable donation to the school when they should be.

Hopefully that will embarrass them into donations.

Jimi, I emailed you asking for photos but no response, do you still use the email address you have listed here?
Tomb

Postby Tomb » Thu May 16, 2013 8:59 am

Julie has sent the photos through, many thanks.
Tomb

Previous

Return to Events