[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Ulverston & District Motorcycle Club • View topic - Attachments

Attachments

UDMCC Forum

Attachments

Postby gamma498 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:13 pm

Hi folks, I'm after a little help here. I thought I would post up the latest newsletter in the 'Newsletters' section (seems logical!) and I thought the best way to do it would be to add it as an attachment. The problem is, I've tried attaching it as a word file and as a PDF but both times I got a message saying that these file types aren't supported.
The FAQ's on the forum say that some files types have to be activated in the board settings by the administrator, would this solve the problem and can someone do it or are these file types still not supported and the only way to do it would be to copy and paste into a post?
If Gary/ Tom could spread any light it'd be much appreciated, cheers, Steve Nick
gamma498

Re: Attachments

Postby Tomb » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:40 am

Me ???? surely I wouldn't know how to do it, I've only just discovered TV :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

When we started a new board for bike pictures/photos Gary posted a pic of his beautiful new Ducati using an attachment, highlighting the fact that this loads up forum web space, I can't remember if we disabled the "file attach" part of posting at the time to prevent overload.

If its posting your new club newsletter I think cutting and pasting would be just as easy. For loading other clubs newsletters, if they're on their own webspace it would be better to link to that here rather than attaching here coz that doesn't load our webspace.

I'll look into it later Steve, I'm at work in my brew time now ;)
Tomb

Postby Tomb » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:50 am

Just had a quick look in Admin, looks like Gary has changed attachment settings.
Tomb

Postby gamma498 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:25 pm

cheers chaps, if it causes problems I can always upload them to my own webspace and then link to them. I'm don't think it will work out too well if I just copy and paste as the formatting will be all over the place but I suppose I could give it a try.
cheers, Steve
gamma498

Postby udmcc » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:01 pm

udmcc
Site Admin

Postby Tomb » Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:12 pm

Gary, I guessed you were trying to update the version coz the forum was down for a few days.

We have been getting tons of spammers lately which I put down to the version being out of date.
Tomb

Postby udmcc » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:12 pm

udmcc
Site Admin

Postby Tomb » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:10 am

Nice one Gary, thanks.

I notice my avatar is now showing which is an attachment, my hero Mr Trebus in case anyone wants to know, when you see my bikes and how old they are you'll understand why . ;)

Steve Nick is gonna get some mileage out of it :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tomb

Postby gamma498 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:23 pm

I thought it was just your latest self-portrait Tom :lol:
gamma498

Return to UDMC - Chat